- CONTACT US
- AFS
- Business
- Bussiness
- Car
- Career
- Celebrity
- Digital Products
- Education
- Entertainment
- Fashion
- Film
- Food
- Fun
- Games
- General Health
- Health
- Health Awareness
- Healthy
- Healthy Lifestyle
- History Facts
- Household Appliances
- Internet
- Investment
- Law
- Lifestyle
- Loans&Mortgages
- Luxury Life Style
- movie
- Music
- Nature
- News
- Opinion
- Pet
- Plant
- Politics
- Recommends
- Science
- Self-care
- services
- Smart Phone
- Sports
- Style
- Technology
- tire
- Travel
- US
- World

Germany's Finance Minister Lars Klingbeil has said he is opposed to banning mobile phones and social media in schools.
"I'm not convinced that this is the right way," Klingbeil said during a visit on Friday to the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa, where digital experts are trained.
Instead, he said, "I think we have to see how we can use, for example, gamification in modern education."
Gamification involves transferring playful elements and skills from the computer and video game industry to other areas such as education or the health sector.
Klingbeil will attend the G20 summit of leading industrialized and emerging countries in the South African city of Johannesburg on Saturday and Sunday together with his boss, Chancellor Friedrich Merz.
Merz advocated a ban on mobile phones in primary schools at the beginning of October. He conceded then that it would not be easy to enforce a ban on social media for young people under the age of 16, but said he had great sympathy for countries that had already implemented such a ban.
"Children need to learn arithmetic, writing and reading, not play around on their mobile phones," the German chancellor said.
Klingbeil told the students in Johannesburg "you have to know in Germany at the moment, there's a debate going on how to ban smartphones and social media from schools."
On artificial intelligence, Klingbeil said he wanted "a more optimistic debate about that."
He said there were concerns that AI will lead to many job losses, but he believed new ones could be created. "We have to talk about both sides, about the danger and the opportunities."
LATEST POSTS
- 1
Guinea-Bissau's coup called a 'sham' by West African political figures - 2
UK to hold fresh pork, other affected Spanish products at border amid African swine fever outbreak - 3
Russia accidentally destroys its only way of sending astronauts to space - 4
Russian authorities threaten WhatsApp with total ban - 5
UN panel says Israel operating 'de facto policy of torture'
UN estimates over 2,000 Sudanese pregnant women have fled el-Fasher to escape conflict
Turkey, Egypt, Qatar discuss second phase of Gaza ceasefire deal
Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson hospitalized
Former defense minister Gallant vacated home over security threat under Shin Bet direction
Rights groups condemn Israel Police decision to ban Sudan Genocide protests nationwide
Peruvian ex-President Martin Vizcarra sentenced to 14 years in prison
At least 36 dead in major fire in Hong Kong residential blocks
Hundreds of Gazans evacuated from Strip for medical treatment - COGAT
Ukraine proved this drone-killer works. Now, the West is giving it a shot.













